Homemade mouth-watering Pita Bread recipe
1. To begin, combine 1 teaspoon instant yeast and 1 pinch of sugar in a stand mixer bowl or any basin in which you will knead the dough.
2. Add 1 to 1.25 cups of water and well mix with a spoon. 1 to 1.25 cups water, depending on the quality of the flour 1.25 cups water are required for wheat flour that is somewhat coarse and gritty.
3. Combine 3 cups whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and 1 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Using a wooden spoon, combine everything.
5. Begin kneading with the hook attachment.
6. The dough will be sticky at first, but as you knead it, the additional water will be absorbed by the flour and the stickiness will disappear. If the dough remains sticky after kneading well, add 3 to 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour. Combine and knead until smooth.
7. Knead the dough until it is smooth and soft.
8. Apply some water or olive oil to the dough and rub it in.
9. Leave it in the same basin for 45 minutes or 1 hour, covered lightly with a kitchen towel, until the dough has doubled in volume and size.
10. Gently deflate and knead the dough.
11. Form the dough into a log and cut it into equal parts. Keep them covered for another 10 minutes. Keep the dough balls covered at all times to prevent them from drying out.
12. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, for 20 minutes, preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius (446 degrees Fahrenheit).
13. Roll each piece of dough into a ball. Place it on the work area and dust it with flour, as well as the dough ball.
15. Roll into a 5 or 6-inch circular shape evenly. You may also make them oval if you like. It is critical to roll uniformly during puffing. As a result, dust with a little extra flour. The bread disc should also rotate clockwise while rolling the dough with the rolling pin.
16. When rolling the bread, keep it a bit thick.
17. Cover these rolled discs loosely for 10 minutes.
18. Using oven mitts, carefully remove the baking tray from the oven. Sprinkle some flour on top of the rolled discs and set them in the tray. When removing and replacing the baking pan from the oven, use oven mitts.
19. Return the tray to the oven. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes at 230°C. Cooking time was 7 minutes and browning time was 1 minute. Warm up the oven’s top and bottom heating rods. Preheat and bake at 200 or 210 degrees Celsius if using a convection oven (392 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit). It is important to note that the baking time may vary depending on the oven. Take a look at that puffed-up pita bread.
20. The pita bread will bubble up nicely in the oven. Remove the tray after they have swelled out and turned a pale golden hue. Remove the pita bread with a spatula and set it on a wired rack.
21. Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. If you sprinkle some flour on the pan, it should brown. This indicates that the pan is quite hot. Use a heavy pan to prevent the pita bread from burning on the bottom. Place the disc of pita bread dough on the pan or skillet.
22. As soon as you leave the dough ball on the pan, it will inflate up.
23. Place the cover on for 1 to 2 minutes.
24. Here is the puffed-up pita bread.
25.Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the pita bread is golden brown on both sides. This is how you should roast all pita bread. You may also prepare them the way we make Indian flatbread – Roti (Phulka). After lightly browning both sides in the skillet, put them over the fire and watch them puff up. Both sides should be cooked.
26. Stack pita bread in a kitchen towel or bread box to keep. The pockets are visible when you cut the pita bread in half. Fill the pockets with your favorite filling and your pita sandwich is ready. Pita sandwiches can be made with falafel, hummus, tahini, pickles, or salad.
Let us know if you want to get amazing daily updates about Scriblane.
#2021 #acne #android #beauty #benefits #conspiracy #coronavirus #education #exercise #finance #food #gaming #google #hair #hauntedplaces #health #healthconscious #healthiswealth #homeremedy #india #life #lifestyle #lockdown #media #mindfulliving #news #onlineshopping #recipe #tasty #tea #techonology #tips #tourist #travelguide #weightloss #yoga #youth food haunted health healthy skin skincare social media technology